The subtle, tangy flavor and distinctive layer of edible vegetable ash are a prized combination in this iconic American original. You'll enjoy buttermilk and fresh cream, complemented with floral notes, herbal overtones and a clean citrus finish. As Humboldt Fog® matures, the layer of proteolysis just under the rind will increase developing a more intense flavor.
- Drizzle with honey and serve with prosciutto, tart apple and marcona almonds.
- Crumble atop mixed baby greens and roasted beets and serve with a simple vinaigrette.
- Wheat Beer
- Pale Ale
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Demi-Sec Sparkling Wine
- Pinot Grigio
- Sweet Sherry
- Pinot Noir
To optimize cheese quality, keep cheese cold (33°–35°F) and wrapped in waxed paper.
Re-wrapping soft-ripened cheese in wax or parchment paper will allow the cheese to breathe as it continues to ripen.
Remove your cheese from the refrigerator at least one hour before serving.
Pasteurized cultured goat milk, salt, enzymes, and vegetable ash.
- Top 100 Designs Worldwide, Metropolitan Home Magazine, 2003
- sofi™ Awards, Classic Product, 2013
- Second Place, American Cheese Society, 2013
- sofi™ Awards, Best Cheese & Dairy Product, 2002
- Gold, London International Cheese Competition, 2004
- First Place, American Cheese Society, 1998, 2002, 2005
5 lbs. wheel (average weight)
Optimal Shelf Life
98 days uncut
|Serving Size 1oz|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 100||Calories from Fat 60|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|